Thursday, November 02, 2006

Week 8 -- Utah State line and Beaver

Hey, team! Tragedy has struck this week. James lost his pedometer. :( So not only are our steps low this week, but also, he may not be counting steps for a while. BUT! I thought of a plan – he can drive alongside us in a van and hand out water bottles and treats to us. So he can still come along!

Steps
This week we got 323,513 steps, which is 129 miles. We’ve walked a grand total of 1,008 miles now!! Woo hoo!

Top Walkers
Our top walker this week is John, with 58,746 steps. He attributes this to the walks he took on KU and IU campuses last week. Dad was next with 53,034 steps. Cass was next with 45,076 steps. Way to go top walkers. The rest of us (especially me) need to step it up a little. :)

Where are we now?
As you recall, last time we were 82 miles past Preston, NV and were in the middle of nowhere, but only 6 miles from the Utah State Line.

So, we walked 6 miles to the Utah State line and cheered. Two states down…lots to go!


And here's our welcome into Utah:

Next, we walked 121 miles to Beaver, Utah, where we surely stopped to visit with relatives. (I have no pictures of that event!) We may have even played at the playground across the street (some of you know which one I’m talking about).



Then we walked 2 miles past Beaver and there we stayed. Next week we’ll be moving toward Circleville and Boulder, Utah.

To Sum Up
Steps walked this week: 323,513
Miles walked this week: 129
Total miles walked: 1008
Where we are: 2 miles past Beaver, Utah
Where we’re going: Circleville, Utah, Boulder, Utah

Keep on a goin!

Love,
Holli

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I am commenting on the blog. :)

Anonymous said...

Yay! A commenter!

Anonymous said...

How's dad getting all these steps every week? I'm going to try to beat him one of these weeks.

Anonymous said...

Well, at least you're in the top 3 sometimes. I never am. :( That's my first goal -- to be a top walker.

Anonymous said...

The tears swelling up in my eyes made it difficult for me to watch the rest of you walk away. Knowing that I was being left behind only 6 miles away from the Utah boarder was almost too much for me to take. Luckily my training as a Boy Scout taught me how to set rabbit traps and find water in a cactus, but I can only survive that way for a short while. The Nevada desert is big and lonely, and it is starting to get very cold at night.
I am glad to hear that the rest of you made it to Beaver, but I am still sad about being left behind. As I look around me at the endless sand and shrubs, I realize that there is only one option left for me. I have to get back in the race. I have to catch up with the group. I have to finish what I started. So, I look towards the Utah state line, take a deep breath, and start running...