Thursday, November 16, 2006

Week 10 -- Hite, Utah

Hi, Team! Another update, this time for last week’s steps.

Don’t forget to check the comments on the blog – people are actually commenting, so those are fun to read. Also, I’m planning to post a few pictures from the trip to Delaware that John and I took.

James is still riding in the van (no pedometer yet), but we’re hoping he rejoins us soon. However, we do have a new walker among us – Sareny! Yay!

Steps
This week we walked 432,993 steps, which is 173 miles. I think that is a new record for us! We keep topping our top scores.

Top Walkers
Our top walker this week is Dad, with 68,148 steps. Next is Mom, with 56,641 steps. Our third place walker is Cassidy, with 55,126 steps. Of course, Keith is way up there, but I’m not allowed to say what he got! Good job everyone!

Where are we now?
As you recall, last time we were 42 miles past Boulder, Utah.

We then walked 70 miles to Hite, Utah. Is Hite an actual city? I’m not sure…the only pictures I found were rather desolate. Beautiful, but devoid of houses.

If you look closely, though, you'll see a bunch of RVs. Maybe we hung out in one of those for a while:


You’re not going to believe this, but we walked 103 more miles but were still in the middle of nowhere! So we’ll have to wait until next time to get to Moab, Utah, and then to Colorado.

To sum up
Steps walked this week: 432,993
Miles walked this week: 173
Total miles walked: 1,341
Where we are: 103 miles past Hite, Utah
Where we’re going: Moab, Utah, and on to Colorado

Keep on a goin!

Love,
Holli

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how many steps does that baby girl get?

Anonymous said...

I think Sareny only ended up with 3,000 steps or so. She only wore it for one day that week and she reset the steps during the day. We have decided to record her steps more frequently and reset her pedometer so we don't lose as many steps. Also, it is hard to remember to put it on her. Don't expect her to help us out too much, but she does like wearing her "dedometer".