This evening, despite the fact that we had just finished eating dinner less than an hour before, Isaac asked me to make waffles. (He asks me to make waffles several times a day.) Although this wasn't what he had in mind, I decided to make waffles for our family home evening treat, and they were cinchy and pretty yummy. Here's how you can make some too.
Mix your favorite cake mix as directed on the box, or with whatever substitutions you like. I personally think chocolate cake mix is best for this, although Sareny wants to try the rainbow chip kind next. Pour batter into waffle maker and cook just like waffles. Top with ice cream and melted peanut butter, or other toppings.
I could see this being delish at one of mom and dad's after-the-game coach's dinner thingy's--you would just want to have two waffle makers. In fact, I used two waffles makers this evening, and I am guessing Holli Jo and Johnny would have a hard time making this treat, since one of the waffle makers I was using was theirs that they tried to sell at a yard sale. When it didn't sell, I glommed onto it.
Disney day 3
11 years ago
3 comments:
That does indeed look very yummy! I can't wait to try it, although we don't have desserts very often, maybe this weekend we could have it. And yes, it would be excellent for the after-the-game crowd! Way to be creative Hiddy!
you would glom onto holli jo and johnny's waffle maker haha. this looks good. but i also dont have desserts very often nor do i have a waffle maker...
This makes me wish I had a waffle maker! Lately I have been seeing so many easy and yummy looking desserts with cake mixes, so I totally wish I could try this one!!
Post a Comment