Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sweet n' Tangy Chicken and Rice

I made a new recipe for dinner tonight and I was completely caught off guard when my kids scarfed it down and asked for seconds. I think I have exceptionally picky kids. But that made me think maybe you would like to try this recipe too, which was really easy.

3 Chicken breasts (I diced mine before cooking, although the original recipe didn't say to.)
1 pkg frozen sugar snap peas, carrots, onions and mushrooms
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup dijon mustard
1 Tbls soy sauce

One note--I couldn't find that particular package of veggies, so I substituted a bag of carrots, onions, and celery, then added some fresh sliced mushrooms. I also added 2 crushed cloves of garlice, just because.

Brown chicken in skillet.
Add vegetables and heat through.
In small bowl, combine honey, mustard, and soy sauce. Pour into skillet. Cover and simmer 10 minutes, and serve over a bed of rice.

3 comments:

Lexi said...

i want to try this. its looks so easy. but i would make some substitutes and leave out the mushrooms and maybe the onions.

Jolynn said...

Dooze, it won't even be good without those two things! Especially the onions. Thanks for posting the recipe Hill. We will def try this one, it looks goo-ood.

cassidy said...

It does look good, but I would have to leave out the mushrooms too. I wonder if I could add something else to replace the lost flavor? Thanks for the recipe, Hilli!