Here is the recipe:
1 lg. red apple, cored, thinly sliced and cut into matchsticks
1 lg. green apple, cored, thinly sliced and cut into matchsticks (take the time to do this, it isn't that hard, and makes the salad really pretty)
1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (important that it is fresh, not bottled)
2 cups matchstick cut carrots (buy them already cut!)
2 small green onions chopped really small, including lots of the green part
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 oz feta cheese, crumbled
a few sprigs of cilantro chopped really small (don't go overboard on the cilantro, you just want a hint)
Place apples in a large bowl and toss with lemon juice. Add carrots, onion, oil, sugar, salt, pepper, cheese, and cilantro. Toss to mix thoroughly. Serves 6 to 8 (3/4 cup servings). I found this recipe in a weight watcher's book, but tweaked it and made it better. (I added the onion and cilantro, which I think totally make it) You can add more than 2 cups of the carrots if you want. They had you add 3 cups, but I thought that was a little much.
Let me know if any of you try it and how you liked it. Dad isn't home yet, so I don't know what he thinks yet, but I loved it!
4 comments:
That looks really yum! How did dad like it? I will have to try it out.
Good news! Dad loved it! I will def be making this quite often, since we both loved it.
that does look really good. i will have to try it sometime. but whats with all the fresh stuff... like the fresh ground pepper. i dont have that. glad dad likes it.
I tried it, and it was yummy! Kind of similar to a salad I made earlier this summer - the main ingredient was watermelon, but it also had cilantro and feta. Dad wouldn't like that, and neither did John. :( But we all liked this one. Thanks for sharing.
Oops - and I even forgot the olive oil and the black pepper...
Post a Comment