Saturday, April 17, 2010

Yummy Coleslaw



Guys, when is someone going to post a recipe on here? I seem to be the only one, but I know you guys have yummy meals. Get a goin!

Now listen, normally I'm not into coleslaw. I don't like mayo/miracle whip, and most coleslaw is dripping in it. But I have had a couple of yummy coleslaws since moving here and thought I'd try making one. I have made this a couple of times and even James seems to like it. It's a bit tangy, and not bland like typical coleslaw. It's delish with pulled pork sandwiches. I don't have exact measurements at all, I just kind of added things here and there, but here's the general idea:

Ingredients:
Coleslaw mix, or chop a half of a head of green cabbage and red cabbage and shred some carrots on a cheese grater.
mayo or miracle whip
some kind of fruity salad dressing (I used a papaya seed vinaigrette)
lemon juice (from a bottle is fine)
olive oil
Craisins

Depending on the size of your salad, mix a scoop or two of mayo with a few squirts of the salad dressing. Squirt in a little lemon juice and olive oil and mix it together until it's fairly runny. Pour it over the coleslaw (I don't add a ton of the dressing, as you can see in the photo) add the Craisins and mix it all together.

3 comments:

hillari said...

Sounds good! We'll have to give it a try. I really don't make anything nummy to put on here!

Jolynn said...

I have tons of purple cabbage in my garden, so I'll have to try this. Too bad I can't share with any of you, although I did give Lexi some when she was here. It looks delish, and I plan to try it. But what if I don't think they have papaya seed vinagrette here????

cassidy said...

Mom, as I said in the post, I think any fruity salad dressing would work. I thought you were going to try that pomegranate seed dressing?