Saturday, April 10, 2010

Chile Relleno Casserole

If you have a few calories to spare on a yummy dinner, I suggest chile relleno casserole. There is a ton of cheese in this thing, but I bet you could cut back on the cheese and it would still be good. Just maybe cut back on everything else a little to to even it all out. This was one of my favorite things Mom made while she came to help with Truman!


14 oz. chopped green chiles

2 bags shredded cheddar jack or Mexican blend

4 eggs

1 c. flour

2 tsp. salt

2 c. milk


Butter or spray 9 x 13 pan. Arrange ½ of the chiles in the pan. Sprinkle 1 bag of cheese over chiles. Repeat with remaining chiles and cheese, Beat eggs and add flour, salt and milk. Pour over the chiles and cheese. Bake 1 hour at 350.

2 comments:

Lexi said...

im going to have to try this out. it sounds so delicious.

Jolynn said...

It's a good recipe. Even Dad liked it! I didn't put quite 14 oz. of green chiles when I made it for Dad, since he isn't a fan of any kind of pepper. But he seemed to like it quite a bit and ate the leftovers for lunch for a couple of days.