I posted this on our blog and FGiaLC, but I figured it would fit with the RKLS theme too! This morning I ran a 5k in Watkinsville (smaller town not too far outside of Athens). It was a great morning and there were a lot of nice people there. Holli and Rhys came to cheer me on...

Pre-race in my crisp new Georgia shirt, hoping for victory over Georgia Southern today (which was the case).

At the start...

...and finish.


Believe it or not, I actually placed 3rd in my age group. Now, there may very well have been only three guys in my age group, but that's beside the point ;) (there were actually 5 or six). I wanted to take a picture with the nice lady who painted all of the awards with her sister...but she actually approached me first saying she wanted to get a picture of the award she created in front of my Georgia shirt (she's an alumna) so that she could send it to her sister or daughter (or niece??) who had gone to the University of Florida and rub it in a little. She was a sweet lady.

Hopefully this little dude takes up running well before the age his dad decided to do it! Thanks to Holli for her support and pictures!!
4 comments:
good job johnnie!
You did it! Yay! Jeff and I are sooooooo proud of you. You are an inspriation to all of us. Congrats, John and keep on a goin!
way to go! that is awesome.
John I am so proud of you. You look like you have lost alot more weight since I saw you. Holli is just the best !
Post a Comment