Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Mapping your routes, calculating your milage...

So, since we're considering ditching the pedometers for mileage, I thought I would give a quick little plug here to the website I use, RunningAHEAD.





RunningAHEAD lets you plot your course with a map builder through Google Maps. You can also enter all sorts of other information including miles run on a certain set of shoes, personal records in races, times to calculate your pace, and a lot of other things that get packaged into a very cool summary. It also includes a calendar to show when you ran and how far, and it tracks your weekly, monthly, yearly, and all-time mileage. I think it's pretty darn cool.

You can check out my training log HERE and see what it can do for you. Then, if you want, you can create your own account (it's free) and start tracking your stats, or, maybe we can even do one account for all the RKLS?

Anyway, check it out. There are other similar sites, but I like this one. The guy who operates it seems to just enjoy helping people with their goals! Pretty cool!

2 comments:

hillari said...

that does look pretty cool. might be a good idea to have a rkls where we all enter our data, i don't know.

Lexi said...

yeah thats cool. i like that you can put in the course you ran.