This is from June 15 - 21 of 2007.
Our total steps this week: 143,749
Total miles: 57
Top (and only) walkers: Keith (112,949) and Holli (30,800).
Last week we got 14 miles past Chesapeake bay.
This week we walked 28 miles and reached the Delaware state line.

Hi...I'm in Delaware....
Then we walked 29 more miles and got within 16 miles of reaching the other coast of America!! Unfortunately, we didn't make it all the way to Cape Henlopen State Park, which is on the Atlantic. We fell short. But now is the time for discussion...
Holli said that we have been using a pretty generous formula for calculating miles from our steps, so we may have technically reached the coast already.
Some people, such as Mom and maybe even Keith continued to wear their pedometers, but stopped reporting their steps because they thought we were done with the walk across America. We could assume that they walked enough to get us the rest of the way there.
Although we may not have been wearing pedometers, we were all continuing to walk all this time...we could just say that we made it.
Most of the RonKeeLarStroms (not James or Hilli (or Jake and Liz, but they were never participating anyway)) participated in Pat's Run this year, where we all walked/ran 4.2 miles, which is more than 16 miles combined. If we counted that, we would make it to the coast.
So, I don't know what everyone wants to do. We could either count one of the above suggestions and celebrate the fact that we walked across America, or we could have one final week of everyone wearing pedometers (everyone who still has one, at least) and reporting their steps one last time in one final push to get there. Talk amongst yourselves. In the comments.
Keep on a goin!
9 comments:
I say we count Pat's Run.(Hilli did the .42 mile walk...) That way, almost everybody who participated in the program gets to contribute to the final walk toward the coast.
Anyone else?
I say we made it. With Pat's Run, the extra steps, Lexi's 5k, the runs you and James have done, and for good measure, the 38 miles I've run in the past six weeks should put us over the mark, right?
i also think we should just count pat's run. almost everyone participated, so lets say we made it.
but guys, once if we start walking our way back to the west coast??
does anyone know how to delete that extraneous comment? I accidentally hit the submit button twice. :(
How did you delete that? I have never known how. Also, very cute new side pics!
I think as an administrator I can delete...if you log in, check the comments. If there's a little trash can underneath, click it and you can delete it.
You like the pics? There were some tough ones to choose from. It's a good thing the fam is so photogenic and patient...surely I annoyed everyone at least once with the camera. :)
I'm with everyone about Pat's Run counting. I'll do the final post ASAP. And I think it might be some fun family motivation to work our way back...or somewhere else completely, like across Europe, down South America...any ideas? But I agree with whoever said we should just report miles instead of steps. Lots of us are logging exercise in miles, but then again lots of us aren't, I guess. Maybe that could be a new family goal?
I agree that we should count Pat's run. And it would be very fun to start another "walk" maybe across Europe or somewhere. But sometimes when I walk I don't know for sure how many miles it is......
Post a Comment