For my salad, I had lettuce, tomato, red onion, yellow peppers, and cheese. Last night for dinner we made toasted subs. Slice a big deli loaf of bread and put mayo and meat on one side, cheese on the other. Broil it for 4-5 minutes. Then put lettuce, tomato, pickles, yellow peppers, olives, and whatever else you would like on the sandwich. My friend mixes the salad stuff with the Newman's dressing and then puts it on the sandwich. We all loved this dinner, and Sareny even said it was her favorite.
A word to the wise--if you want to add bacon to your sub, put it on after broiling. Learned that the hard way last night. :(
4 comments:
oooh that does sound delish. But is Newman's expensive? I do love toasted sandwiches. What kind of bread and meat did you use?
I don't think Newman's is all that expensive, and I think it was worth the cost. I just used the kind of bread that they bake fresh in the store bakery, like French bread or Italian bread or something. I used some smoked Turkey breast, but my friend used roast beef. So you could do whatever. And I used shredded cheese and sprinkled it on the other side, so you could do whatever you wanted there too. Anyway, they were pretty tasty.
Okay, so what is the fat content of this salad dressing? Just wondering......it's probably 13 grams or something. The good ones usually are. That sounds really good, and something I could have on my diet, IF the dressing isn't too full of fat.
I think Paul would be happy you used his dressing. RIP.
Post a Comment