So the whole gestational diabetes thing has been a real bummer, but I think I'm finally starting to get the hang of it. I feel like I am either eating, thinking about what I need to eat, or making my food all day long. Seriously. I wish I had a personal chef. For instance, already today I have eaten 3 eggs and 2 pieces of toast for breakfast, a slice of bread with lots of peanut butter on it for a snack, and half of a turkey wrap for lunch. yikes. And that is only half my meals for the day. I just tested my blood and after lunch it was 103, which is perfect. Yay me! Weirdly, eating like this has caused me to lose 4 pounds.
Like many of you who read this blog, I am not the biggest fan of meat. I used to like chicken more than I do now, but lately I just don't like the way it tastes. Not to mention the thing Holl and John have against it, which I really do not want to know about. And I'm supposed to drink one glass of milk a day, but after gagging it down for a couple of weeks, I started throwing up just at the thought of it, so I had to stop. Too bad I don't love milk like Lexi. So getting protein into my 6 daily meals has been a bit of a challenge, especially since I have to count beans as a carbohydrate serving and not protein. I eat a lot of cottage cheese (not my favorite), peanut butter, eggs, and plain yogurt. I get to put frozen berries and splenda into the yogurt, so it is actually a nice little treat for me.
So guys, once I have this baby, I need to lose a lot of weight! If I don't want to get diabetes later in life, and trust me, I so don't, then that is going to be really important. Losing weight is hard! So those of you who are also trying to lose, we'll have to help each other out. Maybe eating small meals all day long is the way to go. After the baby is born, I get to go back to the nutritionist for some information about how to eat to lose weight, since my current diet isn't designed for me to lose weight. I might even join weight watchers. We'll see. But since my health really depends on it, I'm going to do whatever it takes to shed those pounds!
Here is my blood glucose meter with a good reading on it. I hope you appreciate this picture, because I poked my finger and tested just so I could take a picture to post! Why would I do such a thing, you may be asking yourself. I don't know!!
2 comments:
its just kinda hard... but seriously it does sound hard to have diabetes. and i do love milk, its just so good. poking your finger does not sound fun, and you did it just for the picture! i think you have the will power to lose weight. you can totally do it.
Hey I liked your post. You will have to keep us updated. It sounds like you are sticking with it so far...and I'm glad that you have been reaching your goals for blood sugars. Hopefully this blog will be helpful to you after you have the baby and are trying to lose weight!
Post a Comment