Luckily, Lexi's roommates had also signed up to run in the race, so she wasn't alone. They said that for 3.1 miles it seemed really hard. Lex even said it seemed harder than Pat's Run! It was also much less crowded, which probably didn't help.
After the race was over, Lexi told us the course route and James and I ran it by ourselves. (Notice the just-woke-up face)
It would have been a lot more fun to be in the race. And Lexi was right - it was really hard. Probably 1/4 of the race was uphill. I'm not very good at estimating so that's probably wrong, but it went from the very bottom of BYU's campus around to the very top of campus and then back down to the bottom. It was a pretty hard run, but we are all thinking we should run that route again sometime!
This 5k was free, which made us more willing to run in it...so everyone be on the lookout for free races! They are great motivation to get exercising and they are fun to do!
2 comments:
Wow, that looks super cool! I had no idea you guys were doing that. So sad that you guys slept in!! Good job Lexi!
fun stuff...I just found three 5ks in the area to run in august, october, and november...hopefully Holli and the baby can join me in november if we've found a dang jogging stroller by then! thanks for keeping us motivated!
Post a Comment