Thursday, March 22, 2007

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Week 26 -- St. Louis, Missouri

Hello walkers! I'ts me, Cassidy. I've got blog duty this week to give Holli a break. I'm new to blogging, so it won't be as good as Hoddo's, but it's still going to be fun and informative! This update is from February 23 - March 1, so I think it's got a day or two of Disneyland steps in it.

Steps

This week we walked 410,966 steps, which is 164 miles!

Top Walkers

Our top walker this week was Dad with 85,595 steps. Next was Hillari with 79,873 steps. In third place was Mom with 78,549 steps, and also in the 70's was Keith with 74,229 steps.

Where are we now?

Last week we left off 102 miles past Boonville, Missouri, in the middle of nowhere again.

This week we walked 52 miles and made it to St. Charles, Missouri. Interestingly, St. Charles was the original state capitol of Missouri. We stopped by the State Historic site to check it out and watch the parade:


After cheering on the paraders, we were on our way and walked 33 miles to St. Louis, Missouri. We really loved the Gateway Arch:


We climbed up all the steps to the top of the arch (because by now that many steps is nothing to us) and then continued on. We crossed the Illinois state line and walked 79 miles toward Grand Tower, Illinois.

To Sum Up

Steps walked this week: 410,966
Miles walked this week: 164
Total miles walked: 3,426
Where we are: 79 miles past St. Louis, Missouri
Where we're going: Grand Tower, Illinois

Keep on a goin!
Cassidy

1 comment:

holli jo said...

Your update was great! Better than I could have done...Good job!

And we sure are moving fast. We'll be across the U.S. in no time!